Shoulder pain is a common condition treated in our office. The muscles surrounding the shoulder joint play a large role is supporting and stabilizing it so it is vital that these muscles are properly examined and treated first. Dr. Phipps is a soft tissue specialist and has specialized training in the examination, diagnosis, and treatment of shoulder pain. When you have pain it can be difficult to determine which specialist to see first. We eliminate your uncertainty by requiring all potential patients to start with a consultation. This consultation is a brief visit with the doctor to determine if you are in the right place and would benefit from his care. Dr. Phipps always keeps consultation times available for new patients, so you won’t have to delay the proper treatment any further.
Conditions we treat (not limited to):
- Tendon degeneration
- Rotator cuff injury/tear
- Bicep tendonitis
- If you have been told trigger points or “knots” are contributing to your problem, you will want to schedule a consultation.
- If you don’t see your condition listed, use our online contact form to see if you should schedule a consultation.
Common causes of shoulder pain:
- Overuse (exercise, work, sports, hobbies)
- Trauma (sports or a fall)
- Using pain medication to cover up pain. (Making your condition worse and more chronic)
- Using stretching and exercise as a form of treatment without a proper diagnosis
GET RELIEF NOW
To schedule a consultation, please call us at (716) 629-3100 or take advantage of our convenient online form
Level 5 (Full Body) Provider